Privacy and Security
Last Revised 10 January 2007
National Privacy Principles
* We are bound by and comply with the “National Privacy Principles”, as provided in the Federal Privacy Act 1988.
Collecting Personal Information
* We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to conduct our business as a provider of goods and service.
* The personal information we collect will include information you give us but may (with your consent) include information given to us by other parties.
* When collecting this information, we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
* This personal information may include your name, address and contact details, and may also include other personal information about individuals we collect in the course of conducting our business.
Using and Disclosing Personal Information
* We respect your privacy. Any personal information that we collect about you will be used and disclosed by us so that we can provide you with the goods or service that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business as suppliers of goods and service.
* Please be assured we will not disclose information about you unless
o the disclosure is required or authorised by law,
o you have consented to our disclosing the information about you,
o the disclosure is for another purpose (related to the primary purpose of collecting that information) that you would reasonably expect.
* We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about other products and services offered by us. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please contact our customer service team on 13 78 72 or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and advise us. We will respect your request.
Quality of information
* We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
Storing and Securing Personal Information
* We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you provide us. We will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised use or alteration.
* Supagas’ personal information may be stored both electronically (on our computer system) and in hard-copy form. Safety and security aids include but are not limited to firewalls, anti-virus software and email filters, as well as passwords, protect all our electronic information. We will take all necessary measures to ensure the security of hard-copy information.
Disposal of Personal Information
* We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information we no longer require.
Access to Personal Information
* In most cases you may have access to personal information that we hold about you. We will treat requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
* All requests for access to your personal information should be directed to the Privacy Officer at Supagas: email@example.com by writing to us at our postal address in the “Contact us” section of this website. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information which is not currently in use may require further time before a response can be given. We may charge you a fee for access if a cost is incurred by us in order to retrieve your information, but in no case will we charge you a fee for your application for access.
* In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you. This includes, but is not limited to, circumstances where giving you access would: be unlawful (e.g., where a record which contains personal information about you is subject to a claim for legal professional privilege by one of our clients); have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy; prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity.
Correcting Personal Information
* If you request us to do so, we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we disagree with your view about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information held by us, and you ask us to associate with that record a statement that you have a contrary view; we will take reasonable steps to do so.
* We will not use any personal identifiers issued by a government Agency.
* The nature of our business will require us to identify you in order to provide you with goods or services.
Transborder (overseas) Data Flows
* In the ordinary course of business we do not normally transfer personal information overseas.
* We will only collect sensitive information if you consent or other requirements under the Privacy Act have been met.
For more information or to advise about a breach of privacy
* If you would like more information about the way we manage personal information which we hold about you, or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org fax or post: See “Contact Us” for details of fax or post.
* If you require any further information about the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au